How long after surgery do i have that i can sue the doctor? for not fixin me

Asked almost 4 years ago - Shreveport, LA

i had surgery two and a half yrs ago.and started having problems three months after surgery just like before surgery. now i cant do anything. i do good to get up and go to bathroom.How long do i have that i can sue the doctor for noy fixing me?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lars A. Lundeen


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You do not state where this surgery took place. Medical malpractice statute of limitations vary from state to state. Louisiana has one of the shortest personal injury statute of limitations. I suggest you call a personal injury attorney today in the state where this incident took place and confirm if you may still have a viable claim, based upon where this incident took place.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

  2. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your summary indicates problems following surgery but you have not given a background regarding what efforts were made to obtain treatment for the post surgical complications. You may or may not have a claim. Having problems after surgery does not necessarily indicate that anyone did anything wrong.

    This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,306 answers this week

2,958 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,306 answers this week

2,958 attorneys answering