How long after receive I-751 receipt notice, will I receive a mail to capture my fingerprint?

Troy, NY |

i received I-751 receipt notice on 3/25/13, but i haven't received a ASC appointment notice to capture my fingerprint. today is 5/7/13 it has been over a month,is it normal?

I wouldn't be alarmed because you've received the receipt notice, so the case is moving. Normally a month isn't very long to wait in the world of USCIS anyways. It will probably come any day. Nevertheless, I just checked three active I-751 applications at random out of curiosity for you. All three biometrics appointments were made within two weeks of receiving the receipt notice. (They are all California cases, which can make a difference.) I'd probably give it a few more weeks and then make an infopass appointment if it hasn't arrived.

2. Each office is different but several weeks does not seem out of the ordinary.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. very soon.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. It's normal to take 30 - 90 days, sometimes even longer.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

5. A couple of weeks to a couple of months.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

6. You should be ok, as long as you have the receipt.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com