How long after my Biometrics will i have to wait now?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

USCIS received my case on August 28th sent me the notice/Receipt sometime in September, but didn't said Biometrics appointment letter until i made an inquiry 2 weeks ago and i finally did my biometrics yesterday, will i still be waiting a long time after the receive my Biometrics results, to be approved even though i waited 4 months just so they could send the Biometrics appointment which i was supposed to receive a week after the receipt notice in September? did any review happen to my case in those four months that would lead to a faster Approval?

Correction: i meant didn't (send) Biometrics appointment.
My mistake i forgot to add this is for DACA

1. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

6

1

Answered . That is a very long time to wait for your biometrics appointment. I am glad you finally did that, however. I find the approvals have been slowing down since Thanksgiving. You could be waiting a couple of months.

2. Cynthia Beth Rosenberg

7

1

Answered . Biometrics take a minimum of 30 days to clear unless you are in court and the office of chief counsel pushes it. therefore, I would expect 30-60 days for a work card or interview, depending on what you filed.

3. Andres Yoav Mejer

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . DHS is advising it is taking them from 4 to 6 months from application to adjudication.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

5

1

Answered . That is a long time for BioMetrics. No way to tell if review was happening or not. Hopefully the application will move along at a faster pace now.

5. Karen-Lee Pollak

5

Answered . In what category did you apply? It could still take a few months as they have to run a background check based on your fingerprints.