How long after being fired does your previous employer have to give your last pay check?

Panama City Beach, FL |

Fired on Tue. AM, called Fri. PM to inquire about status of check since it was not in the mail today. Owner could not/ would not answer my question.

It's possible you paycheck could be late in the mail. You should get your last check as if you were being paid in the normal course of business as an employee.

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. Thank You

My check was given to me on Fridays. No they are just being malicious. I was supposed to pick it up yesterday. I have also been slandered by this person.

Often when employees are terminated they are removed from the normal payroll cycle. I recommend to my clients that they give the employer 3 to 4 weeks to get you the paycheck. If not recieved by then, contact an attorney in your area. You would have a claim for unpaid wages. In Florida, any attorney's fees paid or incurred by you would be the responsibility of the employer.