How long after a incident can I press charges?

Twinsburg, OH |

I was at my friends party and my girlfriend and I went upstairs to talk. Soon my friend came up stairs and pointed a gun at us and said "what the f*** are you doing up here". At first I though he was kidding until he pointed it closer to my head. The next day he didnt even say sorry instead he sent me text messages saying I was a baby and more stuff. This happened on a Friday , can I still press charges (today is Sunday)

If you wish to pursue things, you can speak with police officers; your "friend" appears to have committed the crime of aggravated menacing. ( This is a misdemeanor of the first degree in Ohio and carries up to 180 days in jail and/or up to a $1,000 fine. The statute of limitations for a misdemeanor of this kind is two years from the date the offense happened.

No attorney-client relationship is established via The material posted by Kyle J. Bristow, Esq., is for educational purposes for prospective clients only and people should not make legal decisions based on it. You are advised not to take, or refrain from taking, any action based on what Mr. Bristow has stated on this website.

Attorney Bristow's answer is correct. One wonders how much he scared you if you are still thinking about whether to press charges two days later. One would have thought that you would have left his house and gone to the police station and file a report.

Attorney Sternberg is admitted to the practice of law only in the State of Ohio. His answering of this question does not constitute an attorney client relationship, nor can his answer be relied on since the question does not permit Attorney Sternberg to seek additional information necessary to render an legal opinion.

You certainly can. You should immediately contact the police and file a report.