How long after a incident can I press charges?

Asked over 1 year ago - Twinsburg, OH

I was at my friends party and my girlfriend and I went upstairs to talk. Soon my friend came up stairs and pointed a gun at us and said "what the f*** are you doing up here". At first I though he was kidding until he pointed it closer to my head. The next day he didnt even say sorry instead he sent me text messages saying I was a baby and more stuff. This happened on a Friday , can I still press charges (today is Sunday)

1. Kyle J Bristow

Answered . If you wish to pursue things, you can speak with police officers; your "friend" appears to have committed the crime of aggravated menacing. (http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903.21). This is a misdemeanor of the first degree in Ohio and carries up to 180 days in jail and/or up to a $1,000 fine. The statute of limitations for a misdemeanor of this kind is two years from the date the offense happened.

2. David Jay Sternberg

Answered . Attorney Bristow's answer is correct. One wonders how much he scared you if you are still thinking about whether to press charges two days later. One would have thought that you would have left his house and gone to the police station and file a report.

3. David Keith Greer

Answered . You certainly can. You should immediately contact the police and file a report.