How long after a case is disposed does it take to get released?

Asked 11 months ago - Atlanta, GA

My friend is currently in custody in the county jail. His case got disposed before ever going to trial or anything. Pretty much the day after they gave him a bond. Is this normal? Also, how long will it take for them to release him from custody. I called the jail but they are saying he still has a bond, and that they haven't got any paperwork stating different.

1. Mark J. Issa

3

Answered . depending on the sentence he received, just paying the bond may not release him. I would suggest contacting his attorney and asking if the sentence in his case will require him to serve additional time. If the matter is not resolved, then I would presume posting bond would be the necessary step to getting him released. Of course, all this assumes he has no other holds or outstanding issues. Hope he is released soon.

2. Noah Howard Pines

3

Answered . What do you mean his case "got disposed" before every going to trial? Did he enter a guilty plea? If so was he sentenced to jail? If not and his case is still pending did anyone post his bond?

3. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . If the case was dismissed it can still take time for the jail to get the information, and process him out. If he is in The Fulton County Jail it could take up to 24 hours.