How long after a biometric appointment do you get letter for green card interview??

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

After 3 years of waiting on my i485 due to i360 finally got appointment for biometric. How long is the waiting time to get interview for green card? I have had 2 work permit before biometric appointment what is the reason for the biometric appointment it's 7th of October 2013. Thanks in advance

Pretty much anything you do with USCIS requires a biometric appointment. NY District - lately interviews have been scheduled in 3-4 months.

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.

That depends on how long it takes for the USCIS to receive the security clearances, as appointments are not supposed to be scheduled until the clearances have been received. My experience is that most of the time, the appointment is within 3-4 months of the biometrics; however, if there are complications, such as a person's native alphabet being other than Roman characters, delays may be possible.

Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

I agree with my colleagues ... 3-4 months after biometrics for the interview ... 3-4 weeks after biometrics for the work permit.

Why another biometrics? They do it at every stage.

Infact, when you go in for the interview they'll fingerprint you when you check in.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

It all depends. IN NYC, in a straightforward, no-complication case, pretty soon. A months, two at most.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.