How long motion to reopen does it take ? they denied my green card by mistake (error)

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

they denied my green card (i 485) because i left the states before the decision but the problem is i didn't leave at all !!! i have been waiting 9 month till now!!!!what evidence they need for this case too??

1. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . Get a lawyer to handle this for you.

3. David Nabow Soloway

Answered . As you can see from the previous responses, the USCIS is inconsistent in the amount of time it takes to adjudicate a Motion to Reopen, but most likely the delay will be quite long, and it would be a mistake to try to pursue that course without being represented by an immigration attorney. Beyond that, however, note that this is a good example of how the anxiety, costs and delays resulting from USCIS error most likely could have been avoided by legal representation from the beginning, since an immigration attorney could have addressed the issue at the earliest possible stage, or could have used the USCIS/American Immigration Lawyers Association liaison process to get USCIS attention and reverse the Service error promptly upon receiving a Notice of Intent to Deny or other initial communication from the USCIS about its reason for denial.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . There is no normal processing time for motions.
    Option 1: continue waiting
    Option 2: do an InfoPass.
    Option 3: retain an experienced immigration attorney.