How long after arrest do you usually have to wait before arraignment

my son was initially arrested for criminal trespassing but that was changed to burglary of vacant building. his bond now is $10000 . He was homeless at the time, no transportation. He said he saw doors open to ab-anded office building and found something to sleep on. According to him this building was mostly vacant of anything . When the police to him to jail, the charges changed to burglary of a building. He has a court appointed lawyer but has found out only he has to wait for arraignment up to 6 months, he cant even get a police report

West Liberty, KY -

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Criminal Defense Attorney - Louisville, KY

He needs to address this with with Public Defender. If he was arrested, he cannot be held for up to 6 months before arraignment. He is entitled to see a judge and make a motion for bond relief and to get copies of the discovery, the evidence that the prosecutor has to present against him in support of the charge. Have him speak to his court appointed lawyer ASAP.

Related Advice