How long?

Brooklyn, NY |

How long should I have to wait to hear back from the disibility lawyers after mailing them back the forms I had to fill out?

1. Every law firm is different. Give them a call.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. You should call your own lawyers and get input from them before reaching out to other lawyers.

3. Three weeks is reasonable. Disability claims move slowly.

4. There is no standard for this. Telephone the firm to find the answer.

5. Good answers by all my colleagues. It is YOUR case and you ned to stay on toip. And if you do not get answers, considering finding a local attorney - there are many good ones in your area.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.