How likely is it that I can gain Managing Conservatorship of my 9 year old daughter?

Asked 11 months ago - Fort Worth, TX

I have been divorced for 8 years. While I have joint custody of my daughter, my ex is the Managing Conservator and I pay child support to her. However, my daughter is with me 5 out of 7 days a week. What is the likelihood that I could win if I take her back to court to have the custody switched over to me? In addition, what steps do I need to take to have the child support modified, since I maintain more than 50% of my daughter's care (housing, food, clothing, medical expenses, etc.) Thank you!

1. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . You're probably in a good spot to file a modification. Find an experienced family law attorney to review your decree of divorce and current situation in a face to face consultation. You might also gather any documentation you have that would be relevant to such a change.

2. Raymond Ellis Daniel

3

Answered . Attorneys can't tell you the likelihood of something happening. Attorneys take facts and present them to the judge. The judge then weighs the facts and makes a decision.

3. Allison Travers Hamilton

Pro

1

1

Answered . Actually you seem to have met most of the points necessary to switch custody. Best interest of the child is the standard for the couts.
    First, things first, you need to hire an experienced family law attorney in Fort Worth. The court may appoint an amicus attorney and even order a custody evaluator.
    I wish you the best.

4. Maria Sara Lowry

1

Answered . Hire a lawyer to file your modification.

5. Dorothea Elaine Laster

Pro

Answered . Those certainly sound like grounds for modifcation of custody. The longer that has been going on the better your chances. Get an attorney.

This does not establish an attorney/client relationship