How likely is a hair follicle test in a custody dispute?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I was prescribed anxiety meds last in late December . I have since tried to get into a proper psychiatrist , but the process is very long and the one I just saw this month I found out isn't even capable of writing it . I have consistent panic attacks , and some left over meds , but am not likely to be able to get properly prescribed again for a couple months . I am not terribly worried about a urine test , but a hair follicle test done at the right time could present overlap issues . Is it likely that I would be hair follicle tested ? I have no history of drug use . The other party is trying to throw anything they can at me to be difficult . Considering I have been prescribed it recently , is overlap even a real issue ?

I have an attorney helping me, and she doesn't seem to know the answers to everything, like completely not knowing what right of first refusal is in a Family Law case. I don't trust her completely. I can't afford a lawyer at $250 an hour, and there is no sliding scale legal advice in Tampa. Thanks for just advertising for yourself guys.

1. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

2

5

Answered . This is much too important a question to rely upon online information! You should have a confidential consultation with a local attorney who can give you specific legal advise after considering all the relevant facts and circumstances of your case. Good luck!

2. Grant Ian Schwarz

Pro

1

Answered . Call an attorney immediately to discuss this issue.

3. John Arthur Smitten

Answered . if one party files a motion for a hair follicle test then the court could order both parties to submit to the testing. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659