Skip to main content

How likely am I to obtain parole in place?

Vacaville, CA |

My husband is a U.S citizen and is currently an active duty Air man. We've been married for almost a year and have no children. I entered the U.S when I was 14 without inspection thus cannot apply for adjustment of status unless I exit the U.S and risk the 10 year bar mark. I've been living in the U.S for 8 years now. There is already a petition through my father's brother (I-130) and a consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals is in process.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    There are several important issues at hand that an experienced immigration attorney can only address. You will want to contact one immediately before you apply for any relief. You have a lot riding on the line given your situation. Good luck!

    The Law Office of David N. Shomloo, LLC. David N. Shomloo, Esq. Immigration/Criminal practice 222 N W Davis st. no. 402 Portland, Oregon 97209 503-220-5045 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. Since your husband is on active duty, you should be able to obtain parole in place.

    Please click the link below for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics