How large the company should be to get an L1 new office (start up) visa?

Asked over 2 years ago - Miami, FL

Dear Immigration Consultant / Lawyer

I am looking to get an start up L1 visa ,possibly L1A if not possible L1B ,to form a new subsidiary or affiliate ,and i'm looking to hire an experienced lawyer ;I have an small import business with a sell point in consumer electronics field ,by this i mean i import goods and sell them directly to clients from my shop and on ebay and other websites on internet . The business is stabilished 1 year ago it has 2 registered full time employees and it will remain operating here in mexico city .

How large the company should be to get an L1 new office (start up) visa?

Best Regards
Farzad Kamangar

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Demian Stephan Serianni

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Company size is not necessarily relevant. For example, maybe your company sub-contracts production and other facets of the business to other U.S. companies, which reduces the number of employees needed. Therefore, as stated before, small businesses can qualify for L-1A's. However, you need an experienced business immigration attorney to review your business plan and supporting evidence to make sure that you meet all of the requirements. I have handled many L-1A petitions and visa cases for clients throughout FL. My Firm charges between $5k and $8k for an initial case, depending on certain factors. Please feel free to contact me directly tomorrow. Good Luck!

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . There is no size requirement in the law, but the larger the better.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Young Ah Ri


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . I agree with my colleague. The company size, the number of employees, how profitable, likelihood of successful operation in your business plan, your duties and responsibilities in the office, .. there are a lot to help your case. You should consult with an immigration attorney. Good luck.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,457 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,457 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering