How is value of vehicle determined in brother's estate - no will and estate will be insolvent?

Asked over 1 year ago - Charleston, WV

Sister is next of kin. Nursing home bill of $14,000 only debt. Brother's friend will be administrator as sister is out of state. Funeral home bill has been paid.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. James P. Frederick

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If there are no other assets to probate, then you may be able to use either a small estate proceeding or a non-probate proceeding to get title to the vehicle changed into your name. In most cases like this, the creditors are simply out of luck. You might benefit from a short consultation with a probate attorney.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,864 answers this week

3,091 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,864 answers this week

3,091 attorneys answering