How is USCIS with changing the location of an interview

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I have an interview for my I130/485 in about 2 weeks. However, I moved quite some distance. If I write USCIS are they likely to change the location of my interview on such short notice?

1. Irene Vaisman

3

Answered . You are really pushing it. Did you fill out your AR-11. Do that. Call the 1-800 number and wright to the district office and hope for the best. But be careful as it may not work.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Tsirina Goroshit

2

Answered . complete and submit AR-11, because your case is already at your district, make info pass and inform them.

3. Haroen Calehr

Pro

1

Answered . Should not have waited until the last minute. Will certainly delay for at least 3-6 months if you move case to different office. I would keep it at all cost. If you move you will land in the que of the new office not be treated as a priority since you are a transfer. Yes, you can make an infopass appointment online at www.uscis.gov but it still entails you going to the office and asking them to transfer case to new office or you can write them and you can also call the National Customer Service 1-800-375 number on your I-797 Notice of Action receipt at the bottom but bad idea. Also, change your address online using AR-11 at www.uscis.gov.

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague and add that a transfer will delay things.