How is this possible?

Asked about 1 year ago - Savannah, GA

On an unrelated search warrant to our home in July 2013 my husband got arrested for having a marijuana plant. The detectives called me to let me know they were taking him in. I left work and came home. They detained him and asked me if I would come to the station to talk to them as well. I went, no handcuffs. They did not place me under arrest. They questioned us trying to get us to take ownership of the plants. My husband said it was his, I said it was his. They took him to lock up and he got a bail. I went back home. He has no court date as yet, and none scheduled. Now, in November we are out of town and I got a call from my boss saying the detective that arrested him called looking for me saying he had an arrest warrant for me. What do I do?

1. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

5

Answered . You do what you should have done as soon as you came into contact with the police, hire a lawyer immediately.

2. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

3

Answered . You need to hire a local criminal defense attorney who is familiar with the local prosecutors, judges, and police officers.

3. Harry Martina Daniels Jr.

3

Answered . Hire a lawyer

4. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

Answered . You immediately contact a criminal defense attorney.

5. Patrick Lee Jarrett

1

Answered . You need to hire an attorney. Do not speak with the detective prior to speaking with an attorney.

6. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . Your husband needs a criminal defense attorney ASAP to locate the warrant and have it set aside. If you cannot afford private counsel go to the Public Defenders Office ASAP and ask for help.