How is the "Amount of Time with non-custodial parent" calculated when there are two children with different custody arrangements

Asked over 4 years ago - Perkasie, PA

We have two children in a split custody situation. One is with us full time, and one half time. The other parent has 182 overnights per year with the one child, and only 52 overnights per year with the second. How do they calculate, in Pennsylvania (Bucks County) the percent of time with non-custodial parent, for child support purposes, in this type of situation? Would they average the two children's times? Or just deduct the 20% credit from half of the support amount? (as 30% is normal, and one child is 50%) I can't find anything in the guidelines regarding this anomaly. Your help is much appreciated!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Karen Ann Ulmer


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . There will be a reduction in support for the child support for the child who has fifty percent custody and no deduction for the support of the child who is there less than forty percent. They do not average the children's time. We can run the numbers for you tomorrow if you give the incomes, expenses, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,647 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,647 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering