How is spousal support calculated with child support?

Philadelphia, PA |

After several (failed) attempts to have child support lowered, my soon to be ex husband is pursuing spousal support. According to my calculations my income is approximately $1300 more than his monthly. He pays $600 monthly in child support currently as I have the children the majority of the time. I understand that they will give him 30% of the difference after child support. But is the $600 child support added or subtracted? Does that mean he gets 30% of $1900 since he pays child support or 30% of $700? Also, what is considered the "standard of living during the marriage" Up until literally days before the marriage ended, I actually made less than him.

The calculation is different since he is the payor for child support and the obligee for spousal support. The end result will still end up with you receiving funds from him, but the amount he pays to you in child support will be reduced by the support you will owe for spousal support/apl. You should speak to a lawyer to run the numbers for you.

Child support topics