How is property divided in divorce in Texas.?

Asked over 1 year ago - League City, TX

I live in Texas and thinking about getting a divorce. My husband inherited a house from his mother. Sold the house and used money to pay off our home. Husband said that I am not entitled to hardly any money from our house because he used inherited money to pay off loan.( $104, 000.) Our house is worth about $150,000 now. We have lived in home 13 years. He paid off house about 5 years ago using inherited money. How will property be divided in divorce? Husband said that I might get about $15,000 and that is it! We are in both in our sixties. He is retired and I still work. Who usually gets the house?

1. Adam Kielich

Answered . The funds from the inherited house remain his separate property but there is all the other money paid on both the interest and principal. You should hire a local lawyer to help you work through the property division issues.