How is property divided in divorce in Texas.?

League City, TX |
Filed under: Divorce

I live in Texas and thinking about getting a divorce. My husband inherited a house from his mother. Sold the house and used money to pay off our home. Husband said that I am not entitled to hardly any money from our house because he used inherited money to pay off loan.( $104, 000.) Our house is worth about $150,000 now. We have lived in home 13 years. He paid off house about 5 years ago using inherited money. How will property be divided in divorce? Husband said that I might get about $15,000 and that is it! We are in both in our sixties. He is retired and I still work. Who usually gets the house?

The funds from the inherited house remain his separate property but there is all the other money paid on both the interest and principal. You should hire a local lawyer to help you work through the property division issues.

Recommended articles about Divorce