How is it that police can 'require' arrest record for concealed weapons permit, being that only convictions should apply???

Asked about 2 years ago - Albany, NY

I have no criminal record and only some false arrests that never went to a court trial and were all dismissed and should not apply since there wasn't a trial and I was not found guilty of anything and even the courts stated that they never occurred since they were dismissed.
Thank you.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . This is one of the exemptions in the sealing statute.

2. James Andrew Mcglynn

1

Answered . they are able to see your full record which includes sealed convictions as well as arrests.

3. Patrick Caston Crowley

1

Answered . Because of the nature of a Gun Application.