How is it that police can 'require' arrest record for concealed weapons permit, being that only convictions should apply???

Albany, NY |

I have no criminal record and only some false arrests that never went to a court trial and were all dismissed and should not apply since there wasn't a trial and I was not found guilty of anything and even the courts stated that they never occurred since they were dismissed.
Thank you.

1. This is one of the exemptions in the sealing statute.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. they are able to see your full record which includes sealed convictions as well as arrests.

All comments and/or opinions are for general information, and do not create an attorney-client relationship. In order to obtain a comprehensive and accurate legal opinion you should consult an attorney with the specific and detailed facts or your case/question.

3. Because of the nature of a Gun Application.

Patrick Caston Crowley, Esq. (718-769-6352) Law Offices of Marina Shepelsky, P.C. 2306 Coney Island Avenue, 2nd Floor Brooklyn, NY 11223 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.