How is it possible for the Sheriff to tell my doctors & say I was saying I was selling my Rx pills when I've only been charged?

Supply, NC |

I was only charged. It isn't true. I haven't been convicted. They are basically telling my doctors that I am guilty before being proven guilty. Am I not supposed to be innocent until proven guilty? How does this work?

1. The Sheriff says a lot of things. Focus on your defense. This sort of bantering serves you no purpose. Work with your attorney.

2. I agree with the previous answer. It if is not true, hire a good defense lawyer and defend yourself. The State does in fact have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you sold your prescription drugs. Good luck to you.

<a href="http://www.amoslawnc.com">Fred Amos</a> provides legal representation in Wake County, North Carolina. Any answer provided through this discussion board is a general response to the question and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to this question does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always seek the advice of a lawyer directly to address your specific circumstances. Free consultation and flexible payment plans for <a href="http://www.dwidefenseraleigh.com">DWI's</a>. Call 919-803-7208.

3. This happens every day in Brunswick County. Being charged is one thing. Being convicted is a whole other matter! You are, of course, innocent until proven guilty and the burden of proof lies with the State of North Carolina.
    If your charges were from Brunswick County, we would be more than happy to speak with you if you have any questions. Best of luck!

Call Trial Attorney Dustin RT Sullivan at (910) 508-2200 or visit us at www.sullivansnowlaw.com to find out more.