How is it legal to impound a vehicle under CVC 22651 (k)???

Redondo Beach, CA |

My vehicle was parked in front of my next door neighbors home for more than 72 hours and was impounded under CVC 22651 (k), the vehicles registration iS current and the insurance is also up to date. I was contacted by in-laws that my vehicle was about to be towed, I informed the parking inforcement I will be there in approx. 30 minutes and the vehicle will be moved. I was given no time, the tow truck was there and my vehicle was gone in less than 20 minutes. How is this legal???

You seem to think that the officer should have given you the 30 minutes you requested. The law, linked below, doesn't require them to do you any favors and give you any extra time, since the statute already gives you 72 hours.

I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls --- we need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. Thiss answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Really?!!!??? I just typed out a long comment and submitted it THEN it asked me to register, which I did, THEN my comment is not here. WHAT GIVES????????????

AND NOW IT STILL CALLS ME "ANONYMOUS" ?????????? THIS SITE REALLY SUCKS ....................

ANYWAY, I SAID THAT THE ATTORNEY'S ANSWER WAS "A B____ OF AN ANSWER" AS ALL SHE DID WAS PARROT THE LAW LIKE THE ORDINARY CITIZEN SHOULD KNOW ALL LAWS BY HEART. PLEASE, LET'S BE REASONABLE.