How is it legal to foreclose on a home and maintain a subsequent unlawful detainer action.

Redding, CA |

by a company that claims to have been assigned the note by the original lender and the trustees deed is in another company's name, different from the one that foreclosed
and the one that loaned the money, when the deed is still the same in records as it was
at loan closing, and assignment filed shows the same VP for the assignor and assignee
that didn't work for either company as they work for an entirely different one?

1. Not sure I understand completely, but my assumption is that there have been assignments of the lenders rights, leading to a company that you don't recognize filing the UD. It isn't uncommon, but make the purported renter show that they have the right to evict you at the UD hearing by proving that they have the proper assignments to do so.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Minnesota. Responses are based solely on Minnesota law unless stated otherwise.