How is gross income determined for MA child support; past year W-2, current paystub document, current annual net salary + bonus?

Hampden, MA |

I greatly appreciate any advisement you all can provide. Thank you.

In Massachusetts the income used for calculation of child support is from all sources. The financial statement lists all of the categories you must report for the calculation, including bonuses. You should consult with an attorney when completing the financial statement as it is the snapshot into your current financial condition for purposes of calculating child support, and you want this to be as accurate and correct as possible.

All income from any source, except as to self-employed income, which is the net.

Does this answer your question?

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Child support topics