How is current income calculated for I-864?

Mexico, MO |

I'm filing for my spouse's AOS, and I'm wondering how do I do the calculations to see if I qualify for her sole sponsor?

Your income needs to be above or at 125% of the popular level based on your income and dependents. Check on the link below for guidance.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2

I agree with my colleague's comment. The Instruction forms that accompany each application/petition found on USCIS has excellent instructions to guide you through the process. Also, there exists review the commentaries written by USCIS on their web site. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Look at your tax returns, form i-864P and the instructions to form I-864

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Divorce