How is child support calculated when neither parent has custody. In this case the child's grandmother does.

Asked about 3 years ago - Charlotte, NC

My child support just increased . In North Carolina it was explained to me the case is reviewed every three years when the family receives financial assistance. The worksheet i received has the grandmothers adjusted gross income and mine along with that i pay for insurance. Why is the mothers income not included?

1. Answered . I would need more information to give you a definitive answer. Has anyone got custody established by a court order? If so, who? Is it only the grandmother? Does the mother have other young children under the age of three?

There is a NC Child Support calculator online. Just Google it. You can plug in the figures and run some scenarios for yourself.