How is child support calculated in Minnesota with 2 kids that do not have the same parenting time?

Asked about 2 years ago - Inver Grove Heights, MN

Hi,

My son lives with me 100%. My daughter lives with me 50%. The calculator the state provides seems to assume that the children have the same parenting time. I'm not sure how to use the calculator under my circumstance. Can you help?

Thank you,
Scott

1. Christian Ryan Peterson

1

Answered . I would need to have more information about your situation, such as your income, the non-custodial parent's income, and any orders for parenting time. If you'd like, you can schedule an initial consultation and we can talk about it. I work in Scott and Dakota Counties

2. Amanda Leigh Swanberg

Pro

1

Answered . The most common way to approach a split-custody child support determination is to do two separate calculations and then merge them together. For example, if based on the child support calculator, your wife should be paying you $500 a month for your son and you should be paying her $375 a month for your daughter, then the final result would be for her to pay you $125.

You can find the online child support calculator at the link proivded below.