How is child/spousal support calculated at final dissolution? Dissomaster has it increasing because filing status mfj to hh/mla

Lafayette, CA |

I'm paying her. I thought my payments were supposed to decrease at final dissolution. I have a settlement conference with the court tomorrow morning.

Call your accountant tonight and make sure how you would file and how she should file.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

The child support is calculated by State mandated DissoMaster program. If you look at the printout, you can see what income and expense items affect the calculations. In terms of a Judgment related spousal support award, there are quite a number of statutory factors that must be considered by the Judge before he or she makes their decision factored as set forth in the Family Code.

This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.

My clients always wonder why filing status effects support. It is because the DissoMaster is designed to maximize tax benefit, and the tax benefit changes as filing status changes.

Child support topics