How is a person supposed to know that they need to file a letter with eeoc on a discrimination employment case?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

where does it say this? is the employer supposed to tell this to me(employee)? i don't understand how i am expected to know that i have to do this

1. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

5

Answered . A form complaint can be found on the State Division of Human Rights website. When you file with the State agency, it gets cross-filed with the Federal Agency (EEOC). I would recommend that you hire a private attorney but that of course is up to you. Best of luck.

2. Justin G. Randolph

5

Answered . What do you mean by letter? A charge of discrimination against your employer? Contact www.EEOC.gov for assistance or an attorney, try www.NELA.org

3. Elizabeth Tandy Foster

5

Answered . Employers are required to post notices at the work site about employee rights, but if you believe you have been discriminated against you should waste no time in seeing an employment lawyer in your city, manhattan has plenty of lawyers as do the boroughs. you can google employment discrimination lawyers and you will get lots of hits. most lawyers will offer a free consutation. nela.org is another source, it features lawyers who work for employees as the primary focus of their work--good luck

4. Arthur H. Forman

Pro

3

Answered . There should be a poster in the office listing your rights/