How I change last name on my green card

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

I have married an American and my permanent green card issued 2.5 years ago, in that time, I have used his last name as my last name in immigration forms and green card issued while my last name was my husband last name, he cheated on me and I am in the process of divorce, I need to know that should I inform immigration office to issue a new green card for me with my last name?

1. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . File form I-90 with the required fee and proof of the name change

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

2

Answered . You file an I-90 after the divorce court changes your name back per the divorce proceedings

www.immigrate2usa.com

3. Beata Anna Leja

2

Answered . My colleagues are correct. If you want the card to reflect your new legal name (after the divorce is final), you will file the I-90 with the fee and other required documents.