How I can save my self and my f1 visa or what should I do to make my status legal or how I can fix this situation ?

Hello I am international student with F1 visa and I am getting scholarship from my government .i got married to USC last week . now unfortunately my government will cancel my scholarship because of I got married from a USC and I will not be able to pay my tuition for the fall semester which starts on 20th of august . I was planing to do the green card by august now I am worried about my f1 visa since it will be violated if i didnt pay the tuition and probably that will affect my green card approval . my question is how I can save my self and my f1 visa or what should I do to make my status legal or how I can fix this situation and without affecting my green card application?

Dayton, OH -

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

You should file for resident status as soon as possible.

216.861.4414
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brown-immigration.com

Robert Brown LLC
1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Simple, file for the greencard sooner, rather than later.

Perhaps you might need to take a semester off. But, you'll be OK once you file for Adjustment of Status.

Tsirina Goroshit

Tsirina Goroshit

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Consult with immigration attorney, consider filing for adjustment of status now.

David Eli Larson

David Eli Larson

Immigration Attorney - Dayton, OH

You may contact me for a free consultation. We can't do anything about your government's cancellation of financial support, but we can get your green card paperwork filed quickly and preserve your ability to return to school once you have the financial resources to do so.

Related Advice