How i can recover my father bank account balance?

Bronx, NY |

Hello, I would like to ask an a question my father lived in Bronx, NY but suddenly he got sick and he got back to his native country and died. now i would like to recover his assist example from bank he had an bank account but we dont know which bank he had an account we do have his SSC number and other deatil, My question is what i have to do and do i need a lawyer for this. Please anyone help me out on this regards i will be greatful.
Thank you
Iqbal

1. You should contact an attorney to help you determine how to get legal access to the account should you find it. The bank should be sending some type of statement that will eventually come in the mail or by email to identify the institution. You will then need a letter from the court to marshal the asset. This will come from the surrogates court. Did your father have a will? What provisions did it make? Contact an attorney

Wills and estates topics