How I can keep my husband here who had a b-1 but then we got married and they said he was to go back to his country?

Asked over 1 year ago - Northridge, CA

Hello. Hope you are well. My case is very complicated but ill try to describe it the best way I can. Mohamed came to the u.s. last year on a ten year business visa. We met in May, fell in love, and we were married in march 2013. We did not file any paperwork because Mohamed did not express any concern for obtaining us citizenship and wanted to keep his business visa. On his business visa he has to leave every six months so when the date came he left as expected. When he came back to the us, the border patrol found out he was married and talked to me. They then told him that he had to leave the country now that he was married and his business visa was finished. I pleaded with them to let him through and he was my husband and they gave him one month with an unadjustable status stamp.

We met in may 2012 and married march 2013. I called us immigration and they said to contact border patrol in Washington, D.C.!

1. Anna Tsibel Moreas

1

Best Answer

Answered . More information is required to answer your question. It might be possible for him to adjust his status without leaving the US, but you should schedule a consultation with with an immigration attorney and show the original documents, including your husband's passport, visa and I-94. You should act fast!

2. Sean Anthony Musgrove

Pro

2

1

Answered . This is not a family law question. It is an immigration question. I will redirect this question so you can get those attorneys to answer.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . The case you are presenting is much too fact specific and complex to be meaningfully answered in a general forum such as Avvo. You need to consult with a competent immigration lawyer in your area for this.

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . Only very general answers can be given through Avvo. As you state, you case is complicated. You need to retain an experienced immigration attorney to review all the facts and determine what can be done