How I can get a Canadian Green card and how long does it take??? I am currently in US on H1B

Addison, IL |
Filed under: Green cards

I am in USA on H1B work permit and my H1B expires on Dec 2015.I am marrying my boyfriend who is a Canadian Citizen with an US green card.I need to know how I can get a Canadian Green card and how long does it take???

1. Only Canadian immigration lawyers can answer that. We at Avvo are American lawyers practicing in the US under US laws. We don't know Canadian law. You'll need to "Google" Canadian lawyers under the particular Canadian cities you are interested in immigrating to.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Questions on Canadian immigration should be directed to practitioners in Canada.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

3. Go to www.ailalawyers.com and search for Canadian lawyers.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

4. Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.