How I can get a Canadian Green card and how long does it take??? I am currently in US on H1B

Asked almost 2 years ago - Addison, IL

I am in USA on H1B work permit and my H1B expires on Dec 2015.I am marrying my boyfriend who is a Canadian Citizen with an US green card.I need to know how I can get a Canadian Green card and how long does it take???

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . Only Canadian immigration lawyers can answer that. We at Avvo are American lawyers practicing in the US under US laws. We don't know Canadian law. You'll need to "Google" Canadian lawyers under the particular Canadian cities you are interested in immigrating to.

2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

1

Answered . Questions on Canadian immigration should be directed to practitioners in Canada.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Go to www.ailalawyers.com and search for Canadian lawyers.

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.