How hard is it to get Canadian citizenship when your pregnant with a Canadian baby

Walled Lake, MI |

i have been dating my boyfriend for a year an a half making trips back an forth to canada to see him we just found out I'm pregnant

This is a US immigration law forum. Go to and search for someone with a Canadian law license.

Most likely he/she will tell you that having a baby doesn't make any difference. First you need to become a landed immigrant .... which may require that you and your boyfriend get married.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

There are several immigration attorneys in SE Michigan and Ontario who are licensed in both jurisdictions. Try googling Canadian Immigration Attorney in Detroit, Michigan and you should get a few returns. Good luck!

Recommended articles about Immigration