How hard is it to get B1 extension from US? I want to apply for green card but might not get answer from gov before B1 expiry?

Miami, FL |

Can I apply for B1 extension after I apply for green card to make sure B1 doesn't expire while I wait for answer... When I came on B1 I didn't think I would stay in US but my plans have changed.

1. It would be inappropriate use of the visa.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. Highly probably your extension request will be rejected. When applying for B1 extension, you are claiming not to have the intention to stay in the US. Your green card application counters that claim.

3. If your intent is to remain in the US, you should not file a B-1 extension.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.