Skip to main content

How hard is it to contest a will? I am in Tucson, Az Property and will are in Spokane, WA

Tucson, AZ |

Mom passed Jan 2012. My sister mysteriously found a POA for my dad. We have never seen it - but everyone (Hosp/Care Centers) accepted it. Dad passed March 2013. Now same sister has produced a will that was either forged or signed by my dad under duress. He had dementia and was extremely sick. I was told by sister that "nothing" was left to me. I thought I could handle this- she thinks she deserves it all......whatever!!! The main issue for contesting the will is that my grandmother passed May 2011. Grandma's house was in her 3 daughters names. Since mom and dad have passed, my sister is telling title co that i have NO CLAIM to anything of grandma’s either. We KNOW my grandmother & mother would have wanted me taken care of. I was also told a guy that was disbarred is helping

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is a complex set of facts and it's almost impossible to advise you on the merits of contesting a will, other than to say, it's always a difficult and costly process and you need to hire an experienced probate attorney well-versed in will contests.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.


MY GOODNESS, you have a multitude of issues, here! You are going to need an attorney to help you straighten this out. There is no way to handle this one on your own. It is generally very difficult and expensive to contest a Will. If an attorney assisted in the preparation of the Will, that would make it even tougher, because the attorney will testify against you. Your summary was cut off, so I am not sure where you were going with the disbarred guy. But that is only one of MANY things you need assistance with. I would contact a good probate lawyer, as soon as possible. Attorney Reed is near you, and she would be an excellent resource for you if she is available.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!


I agree with my colleagues that you have multiple issues and estates. I would suggest contacting a qualified probate attorney in Spokane. Although it is true that will contests are dicey and expensive (I personally enjoy them), you can retain an attorney to assist you with obtaining probate documents and other evidence. You may also be able to secure some information from the Court Clerk. Reviewing such documents may at least give you some peace of mind.

If this answer is helpful or you feel it is the best answer, please click that option. This response is for general informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. The writer is only licensed to practice law in TN. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the answers by the named attorney do not create an attorney-client relationship between said attorney and the user or browser.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer