How hard is it to contest a will? I am in Tucson, Az Property and will are in Spokane, WA

Asked about 1 year ago - Tucson, AZ

Mom passed Jan 2012. My sister mysteriously found a POA for my dad. We have never seen it - but everyone (Hosp/Care Centers) accepted it. Dad passed March 2013. Now same sister has produced a will that was either forged or signed by my dad under duress. He had dementia and was extremely sick. I was told by sister that "nothing" was left to me. I thought I could handle this- she thinks she deserves it all......whatever!!! The main issue for contesting the will is that my grandmother passed May 2011. Grandma's house was in her 3 daughters names. Since mom and dad have passed, my sister is telling title co that i have NO CLAIM to anything of grandma’s either. We KNOW my grandmother & mother would have wanted me taken care of. I was also told a guy that was disbarred is helping

1. Celia R Reed

2

Answered . This is a complex set of facts and it's almost impossible to advise you on the merits of contesting a will, other than to say, it's always a difficult and costly process and you need to hire an experienced probate attorney well-versed in will contests.

2. James P. Frederick

2

Answered . MY GOODNESS, you have a multitude of issues, here! You are going to need an attorney to help you straighten this out. There is no way to handle this one on your own. It is generally very difficult and expensive to contest a Will. If an attorney assisted in the preparation of the Will, that would make it even tougher, because the attorney will testify against you. Your summary was cut off, so I am not sure where you were going with the disbarred guy. But that is only one of MANY things you need assistance with. I would contact a good probate lawyer, as soon as possible. Attorney Reed is near you, and she would be an excellent resource for you if she is available.

James Frederick

3. Gary Todd Dupler

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that you have multiple issues and estates. I would suggest contacting a qualified probate attorney in Spokane. Although it is true that will contests are dicey and expensive (I personally enjoy them), you can retain an attorney to assist you with obtaining probate documents and other evidence. You may also be able to secure some information from the Court Clerk. Reviewing such documents may at least give you some peace of mind.