Skip to main content

How frequently can the judgment creditor obtain writ of execution to levy bank accounts on a single case in California?

Los Angeles, CA |

This is for LA County.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Unlimited as long as the judgment is valid.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to those three States. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship.


One way to stop this is to file bankruptcy and list judgement creditor on your petition otherwise you might have to worry about your bank accounts being levied at anytime.


The writs do expire but they an keep getting them as long as their judgment remains unsatisfied.

Besides filing for bankrupcty, another option is that your judgment creditor won't know if you move your money and where, and it might be a good time to check out the specials that other banks are having for new accounts.

I'm only licensed in CA. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


A Writ of Execution is valid for 180 days from the date it is issued. A judgment creditor can keep obtaining a new Writ of Execution when the prior one expires.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer