How fast will it take to apply for greencard or immigration for my brother? I am thinking to apply for him and his wife and kids

Brooklyn, NY |

My brother is married and has 2 children under the age of 21. Can i apply for him and family for immigration or greencard to the USA and if so how and how long does it take? IS there a particular form to apply for as a whole family or should it be individual. SHould it be for him alone then he brings the rest of his family or can i do it as a package for them.

1. Assuming you are an American citizen, the process of the application is fairly straightforward, and could likely be completed within a few weeks. The problem is that sibling visas are on an extremely long waiting list, and it would probably be many years before they could immigrate. There are specific forms and processes. A brief consultation with an immigration attorney could provide you with the basic information.

The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your community. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state

2. I agree with my colleague.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Check the Visa Bulletin to see te waiting time fro siblings to immigrate to the U.S. This is an F4 family based petition which takes no less than 10 years (more than 20 even), depending on the countryr of citizenship of your brother.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.