How fast can you get an emergency custody hearing?

Atlanta, GA |

Last time I filed it too 2 months - this one can't wait that long?

How about an appeal - which would be faster?

If my son was admitted to a mental hospital on suicide watch and stayed 4 days is that considered an emergency?

What exactly are you trying to file? Are you seeking to modify custody? Who currently has primary custody of the minor child? In what county does the minor child reside?

It is impossible to tell you with any degree of accuracy how long it takes to get an emergency hearing. You will need to consult with an attorney and provide some more facts about your case, and then have the attorney check with the appropriate Superior Court about the Judge's availability to hear this type of action.

If you would like to discuss things further in a private and confidential consultation at no cost to you, please do not hesitate to contact my office so that we can learn some more details about your situation and provide you with some better advice.

Please know that this is a general interest posting and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody