How fast can a KY Parole and Probation transfer me to another state if I have a job waiting in FL- I was offered a pre-diversion

Asked about 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

I got through court with pre-diversion with year of probation and restitution. I tried to get a hold of my attorney regarding conditional discharge or removal of probation till I get relocated... is that possible through a prosecuting attorney or judge now that I have already been sentenced. Or how could I expedite the process I am so concerned about losing my job and everyone has been notified about relocation including my apt complex. Is there something my attorney can do for me to help the process? The judge already sentenced. I am so concerned what could I do to help as they mentioned it is up to the deciding state and it could take up to 30 days....have you heard of it happening any sooner?

1. Frank Mascagni III

4

1

Answered . Contact your attorney, contact your pretrial diversion officer and ask for help. Your officer can approve your leaving the jurisdiction to relocate to FL, while Fl acceptance is pending. If all else fails, put the case on the docket to explain your urgency to the judge. It's best to act through your attorney.

2. James Donald Garrett

2

1

Answered . Has anyone coordinated your relocation/transfer with Florida? You should understand that Florida is not mandated to accept and monitor your probation. This is something that needs to be worked out with the KY and FL probation offices.

You should contact a local attorney who would be in a better position to accomplish your goals.