How fast and what is required to have my Belgian Passport renewed?

Asked about 2 years ago - Miami, FL

I currently live in Miami. I have a Belgian passport that has been long expired.
I called the Belgian consulate and they said I could not renew it without a florida ID.
Unfortunately I do not have one.
I was also told that I could only renew it in Belgium.

Should I send it to Belgium to have it renewed by mail? Also, if I do.. how long would it take for it to get renewed?

Details of process please?

1. Jose Antonio Moreno

3

Answered . The Belgium consulate is the best place to get an answer about passport turn around. Also it never hurts to ask again if any combination of documents will be accepted for renewal stateside, i.e. expired pp+birth certificate.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, as this is not a US immigration law question.

If you don't have FL ID, I suspect that you are not in the US lawfully and may need to have the Belgium Consul issue you a one-way-passport.

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . Your question is for the Belguim Consulate and not for a USA immigration attorney. Most consulates in the USA will not renew your passport unless you can show that you are in the USA legally.