How far back to I have to go for time spent overseas on the N400 form. Would it be from the date I received my visa or

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

The date I received my green card. Does it have to be exact dates Thank you

1. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

5

1

Answered . The date from which you received your green card. You should be as close as accurate as possible with the dates.

2. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . The date you entered the US with the immigrant visa.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

3

1

Answered . The N-400 form requests information for all trips made outside the US since becoming a lawful permanent resident. I recommend that you consult with a qualified US Immigration & Nationality lawyer to seek additional guidance.

4. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Their are two time periods that are required to be covered on the N-400 application. Either five years in the US prior to filing the N-400 or the the entire period you have been a lawful permanent resident of the US, whichever is longer. For instance if you spent 4 years in non immigrant status and married a US citizen and you are now seeking naturalization based on being married to a US citizen, you may be a permanent resident for three years but need to include trips going back 5 years to include the last two years in non immigrant status.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
    Baldwin Park Center
    4767 New Broad Street
    Orlando, Florida 32814

5. Beata Anna Leja

2

Answered . Date you obtained lawful permanent residence (LPR) in the US. The USCIS needs to determine if you've ever abandoned your LPR status and if you're eligible for US citizenship based on the residence requirement.