How far back can Illinois go on a prior d.u.i. conviction to use against you

Asked 10 months ago - Pleasant Hill, IL

this is my third d.u.i. charge with the first happening 20 years ago and the 2nd 2 years ago

1. Elizabeth Marie Vonau

14

Answered . Your DUI record goes back for your entire lifetime. This would count as a 3rd DUI and as for the suspension portion of the case, you are not considered a first time offender and are facing either 1 or 3 years of a hard suspension, meaning no driving relief is available. A 3rd time DUI can be charged as a Class 4 felony. You need to hire an experienced DUI attorney in your local area.

2. Steven H. Fagan

Pro

13

Answered . In short - forever. If your question has to do with enhancement of the charge or figuring out what penalties will apply, then forever. If your question has to do with the length of your suspension, the Secretary of State looks back five years. See the linked videos for more.

3. Ted Harvatin

Pro

12

Answered . No time limit.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

5

Answered . Lifetime for that given motorist.

5. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . Lifetime

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY