How estimate value of two fingers lost in work accident/ settle with insurance company. what is cost of emergency room/doctor co

Healdsburg, CA |

on job saw blew up cut fingers doctor removed tips

1. I am sorry to hear of your injury at work. You should obtain a consultation right away with a worker's compensation attorney in California. Most initial consultations are free. If you have good reason to believe that the saw itself was defective, you might be able to get outside of worker's compensation. Then your personal injury claim would have more value, and you should instead consult with a product liability attorney. Again, most initials consultations would have no charge.

Merry Fountain is licensed to practice law in Indiana. She can be contacted at 1-888-242-HURT. This is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. It is legal education intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. If the question does not include important timeframes and facts the answer could change. Merry Fountain strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state.

2. You need to consult with both a Workers' Compensation attorney as well as a personal injury/product liability attorney.

3. You should consult with a local attorney who has experience in evaluating injuries and liability. To do it yourself would be difficult as you have no background in evaluating cases. In order for you to maximize your recovery you should immediately seek counsel.

4. State Worker's Compensation Statutes usually have a set value for loss of finger, etc. Contact a good Worker's Compensation lawyer in your area.

5. This is a WC issue rather than a PI issue. The Insurance will pay the doctors, and you will get a few thousand dollars for the finger tips if nothing else was injured. The compensation is based upon extent of loss, range of motion, age, occupation. An Attorney or WC Rater will have to look at your Final medical report, and compare it to the AMA Guide that CA uses.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.

6. You would need to retain a workers compensation lawyer in your state such as George above.

7. Your legal matter is entirely too important to be determined without a legal representative. You need to consult with an attorney who has experience with worker's comp and personal injury. Consultations are usually free so there's no reason to go at this alone. If you hire an attorney, you will definitely get more compensation.