How effective would be assistance of the lawyer , who represented prior my accuser in different matter?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I want to disprove false allegation against me in heinous crime, and eventually I fond a lawyer who agreed to help me in some way. However, it turned out that in past the lawyer defended my accuser in some charges.

That is not an effective assistance issue, it is a conflict issue. It might or might not be a serious problem both technically and in practice. There is not enough information in your posting to say for sure.

2. You should probably find another lawyer. This lawyer may have a conflict of interest.

3. Even though the prior attorney may have excellent legal ability and composition to defend your case, the present situation calls for a completely remote and impartial attorney who did not represent your "prior accuser in a different matter," as you stated. Such internal conflict must be avoided at all costs. Research and select a reputable criminal counsel of your choice, as this jurisdiction has many splendid counsels.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

4. This is clearly a conflict of interest. I question whether the lawyer you found would even agree to represent you. In any event, you should find another attorney who does not have this conflict.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia