Skip to main content

How easy is it to get an underage drinking charge changed to disorderly conduct

Bloomsburg, PA |

i plead not guilty and will be going alone without a lawyer (please dont tell me that i need one) also i am not interested in the first time program because although this is my first underage in this county of PA it is not my first underage in PA so i think i am disqualified from that program. i was not breathalyzed only seen walking with an open case of beer so i am wondering how easy it would be to get this dropped to a disorderly conduct thanks

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    You should no that your operating privelege will be suspended for one year if you are convicted of underage drinking. With such a serious consequence, it seems to me the cost of a lawyer is well worht the advantage a lawyer will provide. Every judge and every police department is different so your question is impossible to answer.

  2. The fact that you are asking an attorney for advice yet start your question by telling us that you don't want an attorney leads me to conclude that you won't be satisfied with the obvious answer. Good luck.

  3. You are not a first time offender and you are looking at a year suspension. I don't see a judge dropping it to a disorderly. I agree with Mr. Keller

  4. Representing yourself I can only wish you luck.

    |610-660-7780 | || The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics