How easy is it to get an underage drinking charge changed to disorderly conduct

Asked 9 months ago - Bloomsburg, PA

i plead not guilty and will be going alone without a lawyer (please dont tell me that i need one) also i am not interested in the first time program because although this is my first underage in this county of PA it is not my first underage in PA so i think i am disqualified from that program. i was not breathalyzed only seen walking with an open case of beer so i am wondering how easy it would be to get this dropped to a disorderly conduct thanks

1. Robert C. Keller

5

Answered . The fact that you are asking an attorney for advice yet start your question by telling us that you don't want an attorney leads me to conclude that you won't be satisfied with the obvious answer. Good luck.

2. Thomas J. Wagner

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should no that your operating privelege will be suspended for one year if you are convicted of underage drinking. With such a serious consequence, it seems to me the cost of a lawyer is well worht the advantage a lawyer will provide. Every judge and every police department is different so your question is impossible to answer.

3. Lidia L. Alperovich

Pro

3

Answered . You are not a first time offender and you are looking at a year suspension. I don't see a judge dropping it to a disorderly. I agree with Mr. Keller

4. Theodor Kaplun

Answered . Representing yourself I can only wish you luck.