How easily can I remove myself as a self representing litigant and insert an attorney next day if I can find one.

Hackensack, NJ |

I understand this is anonymous but the details are too identifiable to risk. I am in litigation in a case that I have no more business trying to defend on my own a minute longer. This is not advice about the case, I need help immediately because of good news I learned today and not because I am a sinking ship. It is my opportunity to turn this matter around. Is my question answered by an attorney in the star I enter below and is there opportunity to hire offline as well. Thank you.

Your question is best served by calling an attorney for a free, confidential consultation. The internet just doesn't serve your question justice.

Frank I will wait a longer to see if anything else comes but this is the best answer thus far and thank for taking the time.

There is no way to answer your question. You have not even said what kind of case it is. You are always entitled to hire a lawyer.

In theory it is possible but much more information is needed.

CALL US AT 855-578-0449 TO ARRANGE FOR A CONSULTATION IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 1415 Queen Anne Road, Suite 206, Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: www.kelsenlaw.com / Email: bgkelsen@kelsenlaw.com NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

you can always hire a lawyer, particularly if this is a criminal case. just tell the judge that you want a lawyer, they will adjourn the case to give you a chance to get one.

This answer should not be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship, and is for informational purposes only, not legal advice.

You should have no problem having an attorney substitute in your case. In fact, the court would be happy to have an attorney, rather than having a defendant represent himself.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.

You can substitute an attorney into a case if the court permits. If it doesn't slow the dates up they will normally allow the switch.