How easily can I remove myself as a self representing litigant and insert an attorney next day if I can find one.

Asked 8 months ago - Hackensack, NJ

I understand this is anonymous but the details are too identifiable to risk. I am in litigation in a case that I have no more business trying to defend on my own a minute longer. This is not advice about the case, I need help immediately because of good news I learned today and not because I am a sinking ship. It is my opportunity to turn this matter around. Is my question answered by an attorney in the star I enter below and is there opportunity to hire offline as well. Thank you.

1. Frank Gonnello Jr.

5

Best Answer

Answered . Your question is best served by calling an attorney for a free, confidential consultation. The internet just doesn't serve your question justice.

2. Raymond Andrew Grimes

Pro

7

Answered . You should have no problem having an attorney substitute in your case. In fact, the court would be happy to have an attorney, rather than having a defendant represent himself.

3. Eric M. Mark

Pro

6

Answered . There is no way to answer your question. You have not even said what kind of case it is. You are always entitled to hire a lawyer.

4. Benjamin G Kelsen

Pro

6

Answered . In theory it is possible but much more information is needed.

5. Ivan Raevski

Pro

6

Answered . you can always hire a lawyer, particularly if this is a criminal case. just tell the judge that you want a lawyer, they will adjourn the case to give you a chance to get one.

6. Mark M Cheser

Pro

3

Answered . You can substitute an attorney into a case if the court permits. If it doesn't slow the dates up they will normally allow the switch.