How does York county Maine Probate allow for a personal representative to be compensated?

Asked about 1 year ago - Biddeford, ME

Value of estate at time of death 280,000.00. How does a PR decide what to ask for? Is the law by a percentage or depending on how much work the PR did? And, when does the PR request the compensation? I cannot find any answer to this.

1. Stephen Scott Pearcy

1

Answered . In other states, such as mine (CA), the compensation for the personal rep is based on the value of the estate at the time of death. The request for that compensation comes in the petition for distribution at the end of the probate process, or sometimes there are preliminary distributions if probate is delayed for some reason.

2. Donald Joseph Quinn II

1

Answered . You need to consult a local attorney to properly assess this issue. For example in our state, a p.r. can request statutory (3%) or can claim hourly, to be submitted, reviewed and approved by the court.